Friday, December 26, 2008

The Nutcracker

Emily and I went to see the Nutcracker on December 12th. She really wanted to go, and I was excited to have a mother/daughter evening, but I was worried that she might not like the ballet. I needn't have worried. She loved it! I offered to leave at intermission, but she wanted to stay for the sugar plum fairies. We sat on the 4th row back, and had great seats to see all the facial expressions, and even the sweat glistening on the leading man! It was great. Before the ballet, we went out for french fries and all you can eat sundaes at Max and Erma's. Emily said it was the best night of her life, which is all a mother can really ask for!

Here we are getting ready to leave.

Here is Emily with her "fancy" sundae. She thought mine was boring because it was mostly brown (chocolate), while hers had every color of the rainbow. I think we both liked our own!

No comments: